About the Role:
We are looking for a strong engineering leader to manage and grow a team of front-end and back-end engineers. You are someone who thrives in a dynamic environment and has a track record of technical expertise and management responsibility. You will grow, hire, and establish your team. You will guide, mentor, and motivate them to deliver the best work they can do.
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will play a Hands-on Technical Lead role who will be very familiar with the technical work design and development of the features and be able to get involved at the development and code level as required.
- You will nurture an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- You will meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis.
- You will plan and support career development.
- You will recruit and retain top-tier engineers.
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum ten years of experience with at least 3 years in growing and managing teams.
- You have experience in establishing and fostering a DevOps culture with Agile development methodologies.
- Managing team that use big data technologies KAFKA, SPARK, SOLR, HDFS, IMPALA / HIVE / SPARK SQL.
- Experience in designing, developing and delivering scalable, full-stack software solutions on the Cloud.
- You are passionate about building and fostering engineering practices and processes which improve quality and productivity of the team including version control, test-driven development, continuous integration, build/test/release automation and continuous deployment.
- Proven foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- You have demonstrated leadership and mentorship experience.
Good to have:
- Hands on experience with AWS Cloud Technologies (S3, ECS, Lambda) or Azure/GCP.
- Big Data Analytics and Search experience using SOLR, Elasticsearch, Spark, Hbase and Kafka
- Hands on experience with Spark and/or Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Data Aggregation Technologies (syslog, Splunk, Arcsight, S3).
- Cloud/SaaS development experience and security analytics knowledge is a plus.