Securonix provides the Next Generation Security and Information Event Management (SIEM) solution. As a recognized leader in the SIEM industry, Securonix helps some of largest organizations globally to detect sophisticated cyberattacks and rapidly respond to these attacks within minutes. With the Securonix SNYPR platform, organizations can collect billions of events each day and analyze them in near real time to detect advanced persistent threats (APTs), insider threats, privilege account misuses and online fraud.
Securonix pioneered the User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) market and holds patents in the use of behavioral algorithms to detect malicious activities. The Securonix SNYPR platform is built on big data Hadoop technologies and is infinitely scalable. Our platform is used by some of the largest organizations in the financial, healthcare, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, and federal sectors.
Become a Cloud Security Engineer with one of the fastest growing security companies in the world. Join us and collaborate on building a cutting-edge technology to combat cyber threats. Become part of a truly innovative enterprise that has pioneered the use of machine learning algorithms to detect advanced threats.
Primary responsibilities include troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production software issues, developing tools, automations and monitoring solutions, performing software maintenance and configuration, implementing the fix for internally developed code (Python, JAVA), updating, tracking and resolving technical challenges and improving operational excellence and readiness of the systems.
You should be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently and maintain professionalism under pressure. You are able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You have ability to accurately prioritize issues, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done quickly and accurately.
What you’ll do:
- Provide 24X 7 production support for applications and infrastructure.
- Participate in a 24x7 shift rotation; as well as on-call rotation to support site or system outages.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Securonix Snypr application.
- Use a strong sense of urgency in issue resolution.
- Provide Tier 2 level support: research, diagnose and resolve complex technical issues with our application. Troubleshoot technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround.
- Interact with Development, QA and Operations teams.
- Help drive strategic improvements in systems, processes and operations teams.
- Prepare RCA documents and participate in Post Implementation Review and Problem Management processes.
- Prioritize and manage assigned support tickets while adhering to department service level agreements.
- Maintain positive attitude and advocate for the customer through product issue resolution.
- Manage customers’ expectations and experience in a way that results in high customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain technical expertise in assigned areas of product functionality and utilize that expertise effectively to help customers.
- Reproduce customer issues and if necessary, file bug tickets, escalate cases to engineering and provide necessary documentation.
- Work to improve data processes such as parsing, analysis, standardization and enrichment
- Work with internal and external organizations such as Development, QA and Operations teams.
- Work directly with customers to resolve P1 & P2 issues.
- Document SOPs / KBs articles with a focus on “shift left” to our L1 team of repeatable incident triage and resolution processes.
- Help drive strategic improvements in systems, processes, and practices.
- Stay current on advancements in infrastructure landscape and influence adoption across enterprise.
- Consistently meet or exceed SLA obligations.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, engineering, software engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in application technical support, development and operations.
- Experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations for data sciences.
- Experience with big data / any combination of the following - Hadoop, Kafka, EMR, Spark.
- Experience developing or working in Amazon Web Services (AWS) environments.
- Experience with Linux & Windows infrastructures
- Experience writing with SQL queries
- Understanding of regular expressions (Regex)
- Proficiency in data profiling, cleansing, parsing, standardization, and data quality exception handling and monitoring.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and interpreting complex data to provide resolution for data-related issues.
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Experience in IT Service Management fundamentals – including Incident, Problem, & Change Management.
- 3+ years’ experience using Service Management / ticketing tools.
- Ability to continually look to improve current processes, think outside the box and constantly evaluate better ways of conducting business and providing value to our customers.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management.
- Experience engaging directly with B2B customers. Ability to fine tune your message for both technical and business audiences.
- Strong written-communication skills.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with CI/CD tools, Configuration Management, and/or experience with installing, configuring, and maintaining DevOps tools and technologies such as Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Knowledge of infrastructure and automation tools such as Ansible, Salt Stack, and Terraform.
- Experience participating in Scrum/Kanban, Agile workflow methodologies
- Experience with container and container management technologies (Docker, Packer, Kubernetes, Firecracker)
- Cyber Investigations and Operations experience.
- Experience supporting a SaaS Application.
- Experience working with security data logs and use cases such as account misuse, data exfiltration, insider threat
- Experience working for or delivering content on Splunk, AlienVault, Arcsight, Qradar, NITRO ESM
- Experience working with technologies such as firewall, VPN, intrusion detection tools, Malware tools, authentication tools, endpoint technologies, cloud security tools
- Understanding of IT security, risk, compliance, and privacy concepts and principles to support enterprise business goals and objectives.
Securonix, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Securonix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Securonix expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Securonix employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.