Securonix provides the Next Generation Security and Information Event Management (SIEM) solution. As a recognized leader in the SIEM industry, Securonix helps some of largest organizations globally to detect sophisticated cyberattacks and rapidly respond to these attacks within minutes. With the Securonix SNYPR platform, organizations can collect billions of events each day and analyze them in near real time to detect advanced persistent threats (APTs), insider threats, privilege account misuses and online fraud. Securonix pioneered the User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) market and holds patents in the use of behavioral algorithms to detect malicious activities. The Securonix SNYPR platform is built on big data Hadoop technologies and is infinitely scalable. Our platform is used by some of the largest organizations in the financial, healthcare, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, and federal sector.
We are looking for a team member who is passionate about Product Testing/Automation, has a strong interest in cyber security and data protection, and wants to join our collaborative team as a SDET to help drive the high quality of our consumer product family.
About the Role:
- You will work closely with the development teams to create manual and automated test strategies.
- You will review product requirements, specifications and technical design documents and provide accurate feedback to ensure that software is written in a testable and supportable fashion.
- You will define detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases which are streamlined for automation and manual validation.
- Drawing on your creative nature, you will drive the existing automation frameworks forward to benefit automation across multiple products and may be asked to create new frameworks depending on need.
- You will write Test Automation code to efficiently validate our consumer product set from a functional, scale, performance, and security perspective.
- You will propose and create innovative solutions to automating software testing in a performant and scalable fashion.
- You will use your experience in agile development/testing practices, and risk-based testing to ensure efficient release testing.
- You will be estimating, prioritizing, planning, and coordinating automation activities.
- You will need to identify and document product defects that you find and work closely with the development team to help them resolve the defects.
- You will write automated regression tests to ensure that defects to not reoccur.
- We will help you stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- We will ask you to help optimize the software testing process and procedures to make them more efficient.
- You have experience in a Software Quality Engineer role for at least 5 to 8 years.
- Experience with Java programming.
- Experience with Selenium, Cypress and/or any JS tools
- Experience with Linux is a plus
- Experience of Python or any scripting language.
- Anything above that get you an enthusiastic high-five and bonus points for having experience in the computer security industry.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Hands-on experience in Unix flavors of operating systems (RHEL, CentOS etc)
- Working experience in Hadoop eco system would be an added advantage.
Securonix, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Securonix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Securonix expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Securonix employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.