Securonix provides the Next Generation Security and Information Event Management (SIEM) solution. As a recognized leader in the SIEM industry, Securonix helps some of largest organizations globally to detect sophisticated cyberattacks and rapidly respond to these attacks within minutes. With the Securonix SNYPR platform, organizations can collect billions of events each day and analyze them in near real time to detect advanced persistent threats (APTs), insider threats, privilege account misuses and online fraud. Securonix pioneered the User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) market and holds patents in the use of behavioral algorithms to detect malicious activities.
The Securonix SNYPR platform is built on big data Hadoop technologies and is infinitely scalable. Our platform is used by some of the largest organizations in the financial, healthcare, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, and federal sectors.
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineering lead to join our growing team of analytics experts with hands-on experience to work on cutting edge technology. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams which will impact the overall UEBA (User Entity Behavior Analytics) use cases. An ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems & building them from the ground up and will be responsible for out-of-the-box threat use case delivery. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, SIEM engineers, data analysts and work with the Threat Lab data scientists on data parsing, use case delivery and will ensure optimal delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation SIEM (Security Information and Event Management).
- Architect SIEM / UEBA data source deployments with the onboarding team
- Work closely with Data Engineering Lead for end-to-end delivery of customer requirements supported out-of-the-box
- Design architecture pipeline and program with SIEM, Cloud & Operational engineering teams for smooth deployment
- Data validation for any supported data sources
- Content validation for all the out-of-the-box use cases and threat models
- Implementation and validation of supported dashboards and reports
- Coordinate with product management & engineering for troubleshooting connector integration issues for various products
- Work with data and analytics experts from Securonix Threat Labs to strive for greater functionality in our data systems and streamline supported data parsing and use case configurations
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes,
- optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Strong experience in regex implementation and parser creation (must have)
- Expertise in SQL and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Strong working knowledge of parser management, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- 8+ years of experience in the Data Engineering, who has attained a Graduate (Masters) degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Cyber Security field OR 10+ years of experience in the Data Engineering with a Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Cyber Security field
- 5+ years of hands-on working experience in SIEM solutions
- 3+ years of experience in UEBA deployment
- They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Strong Experience with relational SQL databases
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages (1 of the following):
- Python, Java or Bash scripting.
- Experience with NoSQL databases - REDIS.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages (1 of the following): Python, Java, Bash.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- CISSP / CEH certified, or any certification related to SIEM / UEBA deployment
- Leadership certification and/or awards attained for leadership skills
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies such as Amazon, Azure and Google
- Good understanding of log collection and forwarding technologies such as Syslog-NG, rsyslog, Nxlog, Windows Event Forwarding
- Experience integrating endpoint security and host-based intrusion detection solutions
- Experience with networking technologies such as Wireshark, PCAP, tcpdump
Securonix, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Securonix complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Securonix expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Securonix employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.