Associate Manager - Technical Service Delivery
Location: Addison, TX, United States
Date Posted: Nov 15, 2021
What you can expect:
- Securonix is a fast-paced, highly matrixed organization that requires cross-functional collaboration for success. Work with highly intelligent, passionate resources in the Addison TX, NJ, and CA offices as well as Europe and Asia.
- Help us build a new support & operations team that knows how to have fun while working hard.
- Learning opportunities are available to employees who wish to grow with Securonix and develop their career.
- A culture built around providing a quality customer care experience.
- A no-fault environment focused on continuous improvement.
What you’ll do:
Manage a Level 2 / Level 3 Cloud Support Engineer (CSEs) team as a key member of the Securonix technical leadership team. Solve our most complex issues and focus on improving our key product services. Contribute daily in multiple ways: SRE, project manager, people-manager, problem solver, service owner, etc. Serve as a point of escalation for executive leadership, operations shift leads, customers, and Customer Success team members.
- Be a hands-on leader of a team of CSEs working 24/7 to resolve complex customer issues and improve our service & products.
- Collaborate with other Technical Delivery Managers to ensure consistency in processes and methods across the various engineering teams.
- Collaborate with Operational Improvements Manager and other Technical Delivery Managers to assess, improve, and enforce IT Service Management processes aligned with ITSM / ITIL Best Practices. Participate in analyzing, designing, documenting, and implementing new + improved processes to maintain or improve operational efficiency and workflow effectiveness. Train and guide the team on process improvements.
- Accountable for ensuring customer issues are completed within SLAs.
- Manage escalation of critical customer issues.
- Work closely with customers and internal teams to ensure our platforms operate as expected.
- Communicate status and action plans to internal stakeholders, partners, and customers including ‘C’ level executives.
- Help identify and develop talent within your assigned team. Participate in personnel hiring, performance improvement, and termination.
- Provides analysis related to the design, development, and integration of hardware, software, man-machine interfaces and all system level requirements to provide an integrated IT solution.
- Performs analysis, design, and development of services and infrastructure.
- Conducts troubleshooting of mission-critical system issues.
- Monitor change management and analyze global process adoption trends. Responsible for managing and approving Change Requests received from stakeholders.
- Determine critical root cause analysis to drive strategic change to improve the current process environment. Own the Problem Management tasks that are identified by the RCA efforts.
- Conduct Operations Maintenance and configuration management for all services tools.
- Reduce costs and improve customer time to value
- Forecast resource requirements that includes human, infrastructure, essential to successfully deliver a project or service
- Responsible for building the project communication plan, effectively communicate with key stakeholders on the project progress, issues and deliverables.
- Will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the deliverables as per the quality management plan
- Work cross-functionally to resolve issues and implement changes
What you bring:
- 3-5 years of end-to-end Global Project Management experience in delivering large and complex IT software and infrastructure projects.
- 3+ years’ experience providing product support or operations of a SaaS platform.
- 3+ years’ experience in a customer-facing role.
- Experience with one of our competitors is highly desirable: Splunk, Exabeam, Rapid7 or LogRythm.
- Hands-on experience on SIEM design, sizing, implementation, and maintenance.
- Hands-on experience on AWS EC2, elastic load balancers, S3, CloudWatch, Lambda, EBS volumes, Snapshots, Route 53, SNS notifications, SQS queues.
- Experience on Visualizations tools such as Splunk Search, Elastic Search, Grafana.
- Experience on scripting languages such as Perl and python.
- Experience with SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, and cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with Linux, AWS, Hadoop and MySQL.
- High-level knowledge of Gainsight, Salesforce.com, Jira, Confluence or similar software systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, and/or related experience.
- Experience managing 24*7 operations for customers.
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated with positive attitude and should be able to work across global time zones.
- A willingness to demonstrate ownership of problems. And mistakes.
- A desire to collaborate with others – both on your team as well as other teams.
- The ability to aggressively drive solutions to problems while maintaining a collaborative approach.
- A desire to be responsible for the work effort of others. Experience directing the efforts of others as either a senior resource, team lead or supervisor/manager, or demonstrated readiness to assume this responsibility.
- Experience interviewing and making hiring recommendations; supervising the performance of others; identifying and directing performance improvement efforts.
- Experience with ITIL or other industry-recognized Service Management discipline. Demonstrated understanding of Problem Management, Change Management, and Incident Management disciplines.
- A strong focus on balancing customer’s needs with adherence to operational processes.
- A history of developing new processes, recommending improvements to existing processes, and driving yourself and others to follow defined processes to ensure quality outcomes.
- Understanding of the business impact of operations issues and the ability to identify, create and execute a remediation plan.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English; demonstrated ability to communicate status and action plans to internal stakeholders, partners, and customers.
- Strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and explain them to others.
- Self-starter, multitasking, independent, responsible.
- Good interpersonal communication with other team members.
- Strong initiative and teamwork.
- Proven work experience as a Process Engineer, Process Designer, Business Operations or Customer Success Operations leader
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical thinker and able to manage multiple projects at one time
Nice to Have:
- ITIL Foundations certification.