Securonix provides the Next-Generation Security and Information Event Management (SIEM) solution. As a recognized leader in the SIEM industry, Securonix helps some of the largest organizations globally to detect sophisticated cyberattacks and rapidly respond to these attacks within minutes. With the Securonix SNYPR platform, organizations can collect billions of events each day and analyze them in near real-time to detect advanced persistent threats (APTs), insider threats, privilege account misuses and online fraud. Securonix pioneered the User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) market and holds patents in the use of behavioural algorithms to detect malicious activities. The Securonix SNYPR platform is built on big data Hadoop technologies and is infinitely scalable. Our platform is used by some of the largest organizations in the financial, healthcare, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, and federal sectors.
Securonix pioneered the User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) market and holds patents in the use of behavioral algorithms to detect malicious activities. The Securonix SNYPR platform is built on big data Hadoop technologies and is infinitely scalable. Our platform is used by some of the largest organizations in the financial, healthcare, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, and federal sectors.
MANDATORY Requirement: Cat-1 or Cat-2 security clearance
The Hadoop SRE will be responsible for the L2 and L3 production support of the Securonix cloud platform as well as the design of optimization and cloud-native enhancements and cost controls.
knowledge in Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud is required and Experience with AWS is desired along with Cloudera and EMR distributions of Hadoop.
- 3+ years of overall Hadoop administration experience with a minimum of 1+ years experience on Azure Infrastructure, AWS, or GCP.
- Experience in Hadoop and its ecosystem tools like HDFS, YARN, Hbase, Solr and Kafka.
- Experience in AWS services like Ec2, VPC, S3, RDS, Elastic cache, Athena.
- Extensive experience in provisioning, configuring resources, storage accounts, resource groups, Security ports.
- Hands-on experience in Linux administration and troubleshooting (CentOS 7.x, Red Hat 7.x)
- Experience with HIDS, file integrity and antivirus configuration on Linux.
- Adding/removing the servers in the availability set/load balancer.
- Implement storage encryption, application gateway, local and virtual gateways, best practices from vendor
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet as well as having experience with additional 3rd party containerization tools e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Ability to learn deep knowledge of our complex applications.
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to new cloud infrastructure our rapid iteration and constant growth.
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX environment.
- Deploy, operate, maintain, secure and administer solutions that contribute to the operational efficiency, availability, performance and visibility of our customer's infrastructure and Hadoop platform services, across multiple vendors (i.e. Cloudera, Hortonworks, EMR)
- Gather information and provide performance and root cause analytics and remediation planning for faults, errors, configuration warnings and bottlenecks within our customer's infrastructure, applications and Hadoop ecosystems.
- Deliver well-constructed, explanatory technical documentation for architectures that we develop, and plan service integration, deployment automation and configuration management to business requirements within the infrastructure and Hadoop ecosystem.
- Understand distributed Java container applications, their tuning, monitoring and management; such as logging configuration, garbage collection and heap size tuning, JMX metric collection and general parameter-based Java tuning.
- Observe and provide feedback on the current state of the client's infrastructure, and identify opportunities to improve resiliency, reduce the occurrence of incidents and automate repetitive administrative and operational tasks.
- Contribute to the development of deployment automation artefacts, such as images, recipes, playbooks, templates, configuration scripts and another open-source tooling.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Strong understanding across Cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs.
- Knowledge of related Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Passionate, persuasive, articulate Cloud professional capable of quickly establishing interest and credibility in how to design, deploy and operate cloud-based Architectures.
- Ability to work with team members from around the globe/experience working with off-shore models.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving and identifying improvements.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and must be capable of understanding, documenting, communicating and presenting technical issues.
Securonix, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Securonix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Securonix expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Securonix employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.