Securonix provides the Next Generation Security and Information Event Management (SIEM) solution. As a recognized leader in the SIEM industry, Securonix helps some of the largest organizations globally to detect sophisticated cyberattacks and rapidly respond to these attacks within minutes. With the Securonix SNYPR platform, organizations can collect billions of events each day and analyze them in near real time to detect advanced threats, insider threats, privilege account misuses and online fraud.
Securonix pioneered the User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) market and holds patents in the use of behavioral algorithms to detect malicious activities. The Securonix SNYPR platform is built on big data Hadoop technologies and is infinitely scalable. Our platform is used by some of the largest organizations in the financial, healthcare, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, and federal sectors.
Brief Description :
Securonix is looking for an experienced leader to join our global elite team of Threat Hunters. Our Hunters identify advanced threats; analyze patterns to profile adversary groups to protect and defend the most coveted intelligence targets in the world. Use your expertise to identify anomalies based on real-world cyber / insider threats, and conduct analysis on associated data sets. You will collaborate with multiple teams and develop logic to operationalize/ automate future detections.
The Securonix Threat Labs team is looking for an experienced leader to join our Threat Hunting team. Our elite team of Cyber Hunters identify and defeat advanced threat groups and complex insider threats, analyze patterns to profile adversary groups to protect and defend the most coveted intelligence target in the world. Our hunters spend each day identifying evidence of threat actor activity and working with our Threat Researchers, Detection Engineers and expert Data Scientists, along with top security teams across the globe to continually improve our detection capabilities and security controls. Use your expertise of hunting out the Black Hat's playbook, identify anomalies, develop scenarios based on real-world cyber threat intelligence, conduct analysis on the associated data sets, and leverage the Securonix Autonomous Threat Sweep engine in the process. The Securonix Autonomous Threat Sweep engine automatically and retroactively hunts for new and emerging threats in current and long-term historical data based on the latest, up-to-date threat intelligence. You will hunt for adversary behavior and based on findings, collaborate with all operational and technical teams within Securonix Threat Labs in order to develop logic to operationalize future detections and analytics that identify malicious behavior accurately while maintaining a low false positive rate.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Fully analyze network and host activity in successful and unsuccessful intrusions by advanced attackers
- Piece together intrusion campaigns, threat actors, and nation-state organizations
- Lead advanced threat research to proactively identify potential threat vectors and work with engineering and security teams to improve prevention and detection methods.
- Coordinate with multidisciplinary teams across operations, threat intelligence, detection engineering, data science, and research to iteratively improve security controls and transform hunting results into automated detections.
- Manage, share, and receive intelligence on adversary groups
- Expand upon existing hunting libraries to build profiles of adversary groups
- Leverage intelligence to better defend against and respond to future intrusions
- Conduct advanced threat hunt operations using known adversary tactics, techniques and procedures as well as indicators of attack in order to detect adversaries with persistent access to the enterprise
- Develop and produce reports on all activities and incidents to help maintain day to day status, develop and report on trends, and provide focus and situational awareness on all issues
- Maintain memberships and establish intelligence-sharing relationships with appropriate sources within the threat intelligence community.
- Author, update, and maintain a library and relevant documentation of reusable hunt tactics and techniques for the extended team delivering threat services.
- Maintain knowledge of the current security threat level by monitoring related Internet postings, Intelligence reports, and other related documents as necessary
- Periodically engage with customers to assess their threat coverage, gather feedback and help improve automated threat detection
- Create and maintain procedural documentation to be leveraged by various teams/stakeholders in order to effectively understand and use the data from hunting campaigns.
- Create detailed Incident Reports and contribute to lessons learned in collaboration with customers.
- Contribute to executive summary reports and help deliver reported findings, gap analysis and recommendations to customer organizations.
- Minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible experience in cyber threat hunting, incident response, or related experience
- Lead hunters within the Securonix Threat Hunting team
- Expertise in network, host, and cloud-based security, attack techniques, analysis, and investigation
- Expert understanding around one of the following : Windows AD or Cloud Infrastructure such as AWS / Azure / GCP
- Hands-on experience with information security tools such as an enterprise SIEM solution, IDS/IPS, endpoint security solutions, email/web security gateways, and other security detection/mitigation devices
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing threat hunt missions
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks
- Expertise with operation of both Windows and Linux based systems
- Excellent at writing complex search or analytics for popular SIEM solutions.
- Deep understanding of a variety of logs coming from cloud, network or endpoint devices.
- Expert level understanding of advanced attacks and defense techniques.
- Experience with triaging various disparate anomalies to detect meaningful threat scenarios
- Understanding of the current cyber threat landscape, the different tactics commonly used by adversaries and how you would investigate, contain and recover against their attacks.
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as Python, Bash or PowerShell is not mandatory but a plus.
- Experience with dynamic malware analysis is not mandatory but a plus
- Experienced in network traffic analysis & perimeter device log analysis.
- Experience creating or leveraging high fidelity intelligence and threat detection content utilizing YARA, SIGMA, or proprietary tools is not mandatory but preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications, and briefing skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with automating hunting playbooks via platforms such as Jupyter Notebooks
- Certifications such as OCSP, eCPPT , GREM , GPEN, PNPT are not mandatory but preferred.
Familiarity with the following classes of enterprise technologies:
- Endpoint tools like Sysmon, PowerShell, Crowdstrike , Carbon Black or similar
- Network devices such as Next generation firewalls, DNS tools
- Web/Email gateway security technologies
- Mitre ATT&CK , Diamond or Lockheed Martin Framework / Killchain
- Cyber Network Operations/Penetration Test Methodologies and tools like Metasploit , Kali Linux, Cobalt Strike, Atomic red team etc.
Securonix, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Securonix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Securonix expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Securonix employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.