Securonix provides the Next Generation Security and Information Event Management (SIEM) solution. As a recognized leader in the SIEM industry, Securonix helps some of largest organizations globally to detect sophisticated cyberattacks and rapidly respond to these attacks within minutes. With the Securonix SNYPR platform, organizations can collect billions of events each day and analyze them in near real time to detect advanced persistent threats (APTs), insider threats, privilege account misuses and online fraud.Securonix pioneered the User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) market and holds patents in the use of behavioral algorithms to detect malicious activities. The Securonix SNYPR platform is built on big data Hadoop technologies and is infinitely scalable. Our platform is used by some of the largest organizations in the financial, healthcare, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, and federal sectors.
At Securonix, we are looking for highly motivated engineers to help deliver products with high quality. You will write innovative and highly scalable code, become a champion for quality and help set our already high bar for customer delight even higher. This is a role with substantial opportunity to learn, grow and expand your skillset. Exposure ranges from syslog all the way to big data technologies like Kafka, AWS native technologies and Microservices
- Producing efficient and elegant code based on requirements per Jira tickets.
- Designing data flow diagrams and flowcharts to create new software programs and systems.
- End-to-end documentation of connectors along with setup steps and debugging guide.
- Follow coding guidelines, satisfy and contribute towards 25-points connector acceptance criteria.
- End-to-end development of plug-in connector which involves highly scalable and fault-tolerant code.
- Write code to provide observability (logging and metrics).
- Perform Unit Testing, test-driven development, and scenario-based testing like smoke testing.
- Actively participate in Scrum ceremonies including Daily Standup, Sprint Planning, Sprint Refinement, and Sprint Demo.
- Breaks down epics into smaller tasks and participates in Peer review activities.
- Interaction with product management and cloud engineering.
Tactical (mandatory) activities
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining, and improving existing software (includes SRE).
- Determine root cause (RCA) for the most complex and high-priority software issues; develop practical, efficient, and permanent technical solutions.
- Compiling and assessing user and cloud services feedback to improve software performance.
- Developing technical documentation to guide future software development projects.
- Interaction with stakeholders and improvised flow.
- Proven experience/passion in connecting, extracting, and publishing data from end systems using Syslog, third-party SDKs, and APIs.
- Expertise with one or more modern Object-Oriented Programming languages like Java, Python.
- Experience with CI/CD (SVN, Gitlab, Jenkins).
- Hands-on experience on cloud platforms like AWS.
- Experience on Docker, Kubernetes will be a great advantage.
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Solr, etc will be good to have.
Must have skills
- Core Java
- Java 8 concepts
- API development
Opportunity to learn (additional knowledge is an advantage):-
- Spring Boot
- Exposure to cloud technologies like AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- SQL and/or NoSQL (Redis, MongoDB) knowledge
- JUnit, Mockito
- Big data technologies (KAFKA, SOLR)
Securonix, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Securonix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Securonix expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Securonix employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.