This SIEM consultant position is an integral part of our Professional Services team. In this role, you will work with our customer(s) supporting our mission to help them quickly and completely adopt our Security Operating Platform, leaving them more secure. This is a highly technical, hands-on role that will focus on architecting, planning, implementing, and operationalizing the SIEM platform. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of information security and networking and extensive experience interacting with customers. Securonix Next-Gen SIEM and UEBA experience, although desired, is not required, but the candidate must have SIEM and SOAR software expertise and be willing to train on the Securonix platform and products.
● Lead end to end SIEM implementation or integrations in a customer environment.
● Understand customer business requirements and the threat landscape applicable to their industry’s vertical sector to develop tailored success criteria
● Analyze complex customer networks and develop deployment architecture.
● Coordinate with service delivery managers, management, engineering, maintenance, and operational support teams
● Develop content, use cases, data models, dashboards, and connectors to support custom user requirements.
● Engage with customers, internal product development teams to gather user requirements and suggest new product features and help improve existing product features.
● Training and enabling customers and partners for successful adoption.
● 8-10 years of experience in the information security field.
● Strong understanding of SIEM and UEBA solutions such as Splunk, Logrhythm and Exabeam.
● Working knowledge of cloud technologies such as Amazon, Azure and Google
● Good understanding of Hadoop ecosystem and Apache technologies.
● Good understanding of MITRE ATT&CK matrices, kill chains and other attack models.
● Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization from Engineering/Operations to CIO/CISO audiences
● Strong knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Powershell.
● Industry certifications such as CISSP, CISM
● BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, CyberSecurity
● 4-5 years of experience in SIEM/UEBA deployment
● Working knowledge of Machine learning in cybersecurity
● Good understanding of log collection methodologies and aggregation techniques such as Syslog-NG, Nxlog, Windows Event Forwarding
● Experience integrating endpoint security and host based intrusion detection solutions
● Experience with network forensics and toolsets such as Wireshark, PCAP, tcpdump