Principal Data Scientist
Location: , United States
Date Posted: Aug 3, 2021
Securonix provides the Next Generation Security and Information Event Management (SIEM) solution. As a recognized leader in the SIEM industry, Securonix helps some of largest organizations globally to detect sophisticated cyberattacks and rapidly respond to these attacks within minutes. With the Securonix SNYPR platform, organizations can collect billions of events each day and analyze them in near real time to detect advanced persistent threats (APTs), insider threats, privilege account misuses and online fraud.
Securonix pioneered the User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) market and holds patents in the use of behavioral algorithms to detect malicious activities. The Securonix SNYPR platform is built on big data Hadoop technologies and is infinitely scalable. Our platform is used by some of the largest organizations in the financial, healthcare, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, and federal sectors.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as a research leader contributing to the threat protection technology stack
- Identify areas of improvement in the products
- Work with senior leadership to define technical direction and execute independently or with a team
- Produce novel innovation that leads to clear product market differentiation through statistical or machine learning approaches
- Condense findings and communicate these verbally and in writing to researchers, developers, engineers, customers, and academia conveying clear, concise, and powerful messages
- Mentor and grow other data scientists
- Distill and communicate insights to senior leaders in support of driving planning and investments.
- Present research work externally to customers and at industry and academic forums
- Extensive experience inventing and delivering scalable, interpretable data-driven impactful capabilities (6+ years)
- Strong logical reasoning, problem solving and debugging skills.
- A Master's degree or equivalent in Statistics, Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Experience with data analysis involving statistical software tools, Map Reduce computing, Data Pipelines and Reporting.
- Strong track record of innovation in industry.
- Strong experience in anomaly detection, statistical modeling, and probabilistic model selection.
- Proficient analyzing large count time series.
- A team player with strong communication skills and drive for results.
- Works autonomously, takes ownership and makes the right tradeoffs to do what is best for the company.
- Sets the highest standards to ensure best-in-class security offerings.
- Industry experience in the security area (10+ years)
- Security and Threat focused big data analysis; Experienced inferring APTs inline with MITRE ATT&CK.
- Experience and research in graph methods, signal combination, streaming analytics, changepoint detection or dynamic models
- Recognized thought leader and researcher in the statistics/ML community, e.g., editor of a top tier journal/etc.
- Prior consulting experience highly desirable
Securonix, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Securonix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Securonix expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Securonix employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.