Securonix provides the Next Generation Security and Information Event Management (SIEM) solution. As a recognized leader in the SIEM industry, Securonix helps some of largest organizations globally to detect sophisticated cyberattacks and rapidly respond to these attacks within minutes. With the Securonix SNYPR platform, organizations can collect billions of events each day and analyze them in near real time to detect advanced persistent threats (APTs), insider threats, privilege account misuses and online fraud. Securonix pioneered the User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) market and holds patents in the use of behavioral algorithms to detect malicious activities. The Securonix SNYPR platform is built on big data Hadoop technologies and is infinitely scalable. Our platform is used by some of the largest organizations in the financial, healthcare, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, and federal sectors.
Become a Pyhon Developer for one of the fastest growing security companies in the world. Join us and collaborate on building a cutting edge technology to combat cyber threats. Become part of a truly innovative enterprise that has pioneered the use of machine learning algorithms to detect advanced threats.
- Use Python v2 and Python v3 to create tools to solve needs.
- Ability to learn deep knowledge of our complex applications.
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to new cloud infrastructure our rapid iteration and constant growth.
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX environment.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with "operability" in mind.
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Participate in a 24x7 rotation for second and third-tier escalations.
- Debug problems associated with misconfigured or poorly tuned infrastructure, network, storage, platform services and other cloud tools and platforms.
- Use tools like ansible, terraform, terragrunt, cloudwatch, etc. to build automation to fix problems
- Enhance observability platform for Securonix SaaS infrastructure and platform services.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or related practical experience.
- 3+ years experience with troubleshooting in Unix/Linux
- Experience with operating systems and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Programming skills (Python, Perl, Ruby, Java/Scala, or C)
- Extensive experience working with Python specifically, including Python PIP, python module building, etc.
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of applications such as web servers, load balancers, relational databases, storage systems and messaging systems
- Experience with cloudwatch, prometheus and grafana and writing terraform and lambda functions as corrective jobs for auto healing for observability related alerts.
- Experience deploying and configuring infrastructure in any cloud vendor like AWS, GCP and Azure
- 5+ years in a UNIX-based large-scale web/distributed system operations role.
- Experience with web-based Java/J2EE architectures and JVM configuration.
- Experience with automation tool such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet as well as having experience with additional 3rd party containerization tools e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Previous experience working with geographically-distributed coworkers.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
- Knowledge of most of these: data structures, relational and non-relational databases, networking, Linux internals, filesystems, web architecture, and distributed filesystem
Securonix, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Securonix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Securonix expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Securonix employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.