Securonix provides the Next Generation Security and Information Event Management (SIEM) solution. As a recognized leader in the SIEM industry, Securonix helps some of largest organizations globally to detect sophisticated cyberattacks and rapidly respond to these attacks within minutes. With the Securonix SNYPR platform, organizations can collect billions of events each day and analyze them in near real time to detect advanced persistent threats (APTs), insider threats, privilege account misuses and online fraud. Securonix pioneered the User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) market and holds patents in the use of behavioral algorithms to detect malicious activities. The Securonix SNYPR platform is built on big data Hadoop technologies and is infinitely scalable. Our platform is used by some of the largest organizations in the financial, healthcare, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, and federal sectors.
We’re looking for an experienced Full Stack Software Engineer with knowledge of all stages of software development. This individual will work alongside other engineers and developers to primarily build an our threat content management workflow/platform.
You will be part of the Securonix Threat Labs team (STL) which is responsible for all content created within the Snypr platform.
- Build, improve and maintain in-house projects for automation and content management
- Communicate effectively with internal/external stakeholders for gathering requirements and providing updates related to projects
- Establish best practices for high performance, reusable and secure code development.
- Collaborate effectively with internal as well as cross-functional teams to align with existing processes and technologies
- Learn and build an understanding of the cybersecurity domain and specifically our platform
- Team and Project management
- A bachelor’s/master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and skills
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework (Flask/Django)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools like SVN and GIT
- Comfortable with CLI and Linux environments
- Experience with building and/or using APIs
- Good knowledge of SQL, advanced data structures, design patterns, object-oriented principles
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Real passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration and automated testing
- Self-starter with the ability to solve complex problems and deliver innovative solutions
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Demonstrated leadership and mentorship experience
Securonix, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Securonix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Securonix expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Securonix employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
- Experience in common Internet technologies and protocols (HTTP, SSL, JSON, YAML, XML, OAuth, etc.)
- Experience with API tools such as Postman, Swagger/OpenAPI etc.
- Knowledge of container technologies like Docker, AWS ECS and developing applications in container environments
- Cyber security knowledge is a plus