Senior Research Engineer
Location: , United States
Date Posted: Jul 27, 2021
Securonix provides the Next Generation Security and Information Event Management (SIEM) solution. As a recognized leader in the SIEM industry, Securonix helps some of largest organizations globally to detect sophisticated cyberattacks and rapidly respond to these attacks within minutes. With the Securonix SNYPR platform, organizations can collect billions of events each day and analyze them in near real time to detect advanced persistent threats (APTs), insider threats, privilege account misuses and online fraud.
Securonix pioneered the User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) market and holds patents in the use of behavioral algorithms to detect malicious activities. The Securonix SNYPR platform is built on big data Hadoop technologies and is infinitely scalable. Our platform is used by some of the largest organizations in the financial, healthcare, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, and federal sectors.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as an engineering member of the data science team.
- Incubate a research engineering team from the ground floor, focused on enabling data science to ship innovative solutions at scale
- Aid data scientists in data acquisition, quality assessment, ETL, code review, and performance optimization of data driven solutions at scale on top of big data infrastructure
- Collaborate with data scientists to enable their solutions to ship to production services by co-authoring engineering requirements and working with production engineers to enable those requirements
- Produce high quality documentation and training to enable data scientists to be more effective and efficient. The goal is to create a self-serve data science that can ship solutions to the product with minimal overhead.
- Extensive experience designing/implementing large scale production systems (3+ years)
- Experience working with data scientists to enable commercial grade data driven innovation
- Strong logical reasoning, problem solving and debugging skills.
- A university degree or equivalent in computer science or a related technical discipline.
- Extensive experience with developing software in distributed, cloud-based systems.
- Experience with data analysis involving statistical software tools, Hadoop (Spark and other Apache stack) computing, Data Pipelines and Reporting.
- Technical experience with large scale map-reduce computing and the data pipelines it requires.
- A team player with strong communication skills and drive for results.
- Industry experience in the security area (6+years)
- Security and Threat focused big data analysis
Securonix, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Securonix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Data science experience, and interest
Securonix expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Securonix employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.