L1 Application Support Engineer
Location: Addison, TX, United States
Date Posted: Jul 7, 2021
Securonix provides the Next Generation Security and Information Event Management (SIEM) solution. As a recognized leader in the SIEM industry, Securonix helps some of the largest global organizations detect sophisticated cyberattacks and rapidly respond to these attacks within minutes. With the Securonix SNYPR platform, organizations can collect billions of events each day and analyze them in near real-time to detect advanced persistent threats (APTs), insider threats, privilege account misuses and online fraud. Securonix pioneered the User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) market and holds patents in the use of behavioral algorithms to detect malicious activities. The Securonix SNYPR platform is built on big data Hadoop technologies and is infinitely scalable.
The Cloud Support Analyst will be reporting to the Manager of Cloud operations. Daily responsibilities include:
- The CSA is part of the technical team, supporting Securonix cloud’s 24/7 operational responsibilities for our clients application environments hosted on our cloud infrastructure.
- The CSA monitors and maintains our Cloud environment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The goal of the team, and the overall organization, is to build strong customer relationships, and deliver total customer satisfaction through world-class support.
- This position will be monitoring the cloud environment; identifying and troubleshooting issues; reviewing and creating tickets with good documentation; managing incident tickets; escalating issues; working with engineers to resolve issues and alerts; and participating in other operational activities when needed.
- First level support for all monitoring events, based on documented instructions.
- Ticket creation, documentation, remedial administration, Ownership of Incident
- Monitor events and raise tickets for events, Alert validation
- Acknowledge cases and tickets, answer client calls
- Update ticket based on client feedback on calls or change in alert.
- Level 1 troubleshooting based on documented work instruction
- Improve application scalability and availability by proactive monitoring.
- Work independently to troubleshoot & investigate incoming requests within strict SLA boundaries.
- Customer Oriented – Attentive and responsive to customer (internal and external) concerns.
- Communication – Provides clear and timely written and verbal updates (including technical details).
- Results Oriented – Identifies, confronts and overcomes barriers to successful completion of a task or project; “puts first things first”.
- Problem Solver – Identifies patterns and can help develop solutions.
- Self-Aware – Aware of impact on others; aware of strengths and weaknesses.
- Collaborative – Encourages a participative process; has a “win-win” orientation.
- Adaptable – Capable of adapting to others and new situations; flexible; can handle multiple tasks.
- Minimum 6 months experience in product support, cloud support or monitoring.
- Familiarity with either SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, Cloud infrastructure.
- Linux, AWS, Hadoop, MySQL basic knowledge.
- Demonstrates experience in dealing with incident detection, resolution, and coordination of resolution efforts with both our customer and internal resolver teams.
- Customer oriented, excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and explain them to others.
- Self-starter, multitasking, independent, responsible.
- Good interpersonal communication with other team members.
- Strong initiative and teamwork.
- Understands the business impact of critical issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, and/or related technical experience.