We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts with hands-on experience to work on cutting edge technology. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams which will impact the overall UEBA (User Entity Behavior Analytics) use cases. An ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems & building them from the ground up and will be responsible for out-of-the-box threat use case delivery. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, SIEM engineers, data analysts and work with the Threat Lab data scientists on data parsing, use case delivery and will ensure optimal delivery architecture is consistent
throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation SIEM (Security Information and Event Management).
● End to end development of supported/custom data sources
● Data validation for any supported data sources
● Content validation for all the out-of-the-box use cases and threat models
● Implementation and validation of supported dashboards and reports
● Coordinate with product management & engineering for troubleshooting connector integration issues for various products
● Work with data and analytics experts from Securonix Threat Labs to strive for greater functionality in our data systems and streamline supported data parsing and use case configurations
● Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
● Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
● Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
● Experience with NoSQL databases - REDIS.
● Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages (1 of the following): Python, Java, Bash.
● Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
● CISSP / CEH certified or any certification related to SIEM / UEBA deployment
● Working knowledge of cloud technologies such as Amazon, Azure and Google
● Good understanding of log collection and forwarding technologies such as Syslog-NG, rsyslog, Nxlog, Windows Event Forwarding
● Experience integrating endpoint security and host based intrusion detection solutions
● Experience with networking technologies such as Wireshark, PCAP, tcpdump
Securonix, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Securonix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Securonix expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Securonix employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated