SIEM Content Development Manager
Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Date Posted: Jun 21, 2021
Securonix is looking for a SIEM Content Development lead with 10+ years of experience in SIEM content development to join the Content, Threat and Analytics (CTA) team. This role will serve as a leading engineering resource responsible for the innovation, development, and maintenance of SIEM & UEBA content. Specific focus will be directed to understanding various vendor feeds and developing the capability of our analytics tools to detect anomalous, suspicious, or malicious behaviors. An ideal candidate will have extensive information security experience - particularly in incident response and be able to apply that knowledge to drive future content to reduce risk. The candidate will work closely with the various internal teams, including but not limited to: Threat research engineers, Threat hunters, SIEM administrators and business unit customers.
- Understand data feeds of various security tools and logs that feed the SIEM & UEBA platform.
- Identify capabilities and quality of these feeds and recommend improvements.
- Research and develop parsers and new threat detection use cases based on threat research findings, threat intelligence, analyst feedback and available log data.
- Perform day to day activities of the content life cycle, including creating new parsers/connectors and use cases, testing content; tuning, and removing content; and maintain associated documentation.
- Create specifications that junior content engineers can leverage as use case requirements.
- Work with the other security functions and product SMEs to identify gaps within the existing analytical capabilities.
- Development of parsers/field extractions to facilitate reliable content development.
- Development of custom scripts as required to augment default SIEM functionality.
- Participate in root cause analysis on security incidents and provide recommendations for containment and remediation.
- Act as the liaison to business units to fulfill audit, regulatory compliance and/or corporate security policy requirements.
- Create, implement and maintain novel analytic methods and techniques for incident detection.
- Ensure documentation for content is available on team wiki- specifically including content roadmap and documentation on current content.
- Mentor junior engineers and analysts.
- Prior Senior-level experience in SIEM content development (ArcSight, Splunk, QRadar, McAfee ESM, or similar SIEM platform)
- Understanding of various log formats and source data for SIEM Analysis
- Ability to effectively communicate with anyone, from end users to senior leadership- facilitating technical and non-technical conversations.
- Strong incident handling/incident response/security analytics skills
- Deep understanding of technical concepts including networking and various cyber attacks
- Solid background with Windows and Linux platforms (security or system administration)
- Solid comprehension of various security controls, capabilities and use in a corporate environment
- Exceptional problem solving capabilities
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated history of innovation and/or creativity
- Ability to drive process improvements and identify gaps
- Knowledge of programming/scripting fundamentals
- Passion for excellence and attention to detail
Desired Skills & Experience:
- At least 7+ years of information security experience, preferably engineering or development.
- At least 5+ years’ experience supporting a SIEM platform in a content development role.
- At least 2 years’ experience performing SOC analysis and/or incident response.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher degree in Computer Science, Information Security or similar discipline is preferred.
Securonix, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Securonix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Securonix expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Securonix employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
- Experience with a wide range of security products
- Industry Security Certifications (CISSP, SANS) preferred