Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst
Location: Addison, TX, United States
Date Posted: Jun 18, 2021
Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst - Proposal
- Both analysts report to Manager of Incident Response
- Interview structure
- Round one: Aniket and Akshay
- Round two: Sina
- Round three (if needed): Aditya/KV
The Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst will work as part of the Threat Hunting team, reporting to the Manager of Incident Response. The Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for processing, organizing and analyzing incident indicators as well as correlating said indicators to various intelligence holdings. The Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst will also be responsible for assisting in the coordination with internal teams as well as in the creation of engagement deliverables. The successful applicant should be expected to identify potential cyber threats, determine levels of risk, and produce analytical reports for a variety of audiences. You will occasionally be required to present your findings in front of senior executives, so the ability to translate technical indicators into layperson’s terms is vital. Outstanding problem-solving skills are essential. When serious threats are identified, you will work closely with other areas of the security team to identify appropriate solutions. You must be passionate about technology, and able to learn the ropes of new security solutions rapidly.
- Process, organize, analyze and assist in contextualization of incident indicators
- Produce and review intelligence summaries for internal teams and clients
- Develop engagement deliverables; Support customer briefings
- Research sets of standardized queries related to cyber threats for specific clients on a regular basis (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly)
- Produce and review finished intelligence reports that address clients’ priority intelligence requirements
- Develop novel, automated, or simpler processes for regular research and analysis
- Track cyber threat trends across industries and technologies, and generate better ways to do so
- Monitor all-source intelligence to maintain currency of cyber defense threat condition and determine which security issues may have an impact on the enterprise.
- Collaborate with operation teams to build novel detections, establish repeatable processes, and drive automation for containment and remediation activities
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of adversary techniques and emerging threats that could adversely impact business activities.
- Work on projects across multiple research teams with sometimes tight deadlines
- A degree or industry-recognized certification in intelligence or cybersecurity, or equivalent experience like CTIA, CRTIA
- At least two years of experience as a threat intelligence analyst
- Experience with detection signatures (Yara, Sigma, etc.)
- Proven analytical and report-writing abilities
- Strong project management experience
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Comfortable speaking technically with analysts and strategically with senior executives
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Able to manage competing priorities and work efficiently under pressure
- Inquisitive, high energy, and eager to win
- Coding and scripting experience a plus, comfort with new technology a must
We expect that our threat intelligence function will grow over time. We are ideally looking for somebody who can develop in the threat intelligence analyst role, and take on additional responsibilities over time.