Senior Product Marketing Manager
Location: Addison, TX, United States
Date Posted: Oct 5, 2021
What You'll Do
Securonix is seeking a Senior Product Marketing Manager with passion for explaining business value and a can-do attitude that inspires those around them. You thirst for customer interaction and take pride in your storytelling skills. You obsess over precisely defining customer pain and develop value-based positioning. You are equally adept at right and left brained activities having both deep analytical skills and share evidence-based perspectives persuasively. You are never satisfied with the status quo and always pushing yourself and your team to raise the bar. This role will report to Securonix Director of Product Marketing.
Focus areas include:
- Content Development: Bring your writing and analytical prowess to deliver compelling long-form and short content. You aim for high quality in each piece matters – across collateral, case studies, whitepapers, presentations, infographics, videos, and blog posts.
- Messaging and Positioning: You enjoy developing value-based stories that catch a buyer's attention. You know how to develop solution positioning and corresponding messaging that uniquely differentiates the company's solutions versus the competition.
- Communication Skills: You are a natural storyteller. Ability to take technical concepts and translate them into meaningful business value terminology for a cybersecurity audience.
- Customer Advocacy and Marketing: You enjoy working with customers and distilling the voice of the customer into marketing collateral. Managing programs that partner with customers excites you as well as working cross-functionally with customer-facing teams.
- Market Intelligence: You are the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria and habits; You are the expert on our competition and how to beat them through differentiation.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of security industry experience, preferably marketing Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Identity Access Management (IAM), Network or Endpoint solutions
- 5-8+ years of product marketing experience
- Demonstrable experience in marketing collateral and content creation for SaaS products
- Proven ability to distill complex, technical concepts into clear, compelling prose
- Experience working with marketing and product management teams
- You have a bias toward action; prior high-growth startup experience helps
- You recognize opportunity costs and can focus on strategic opportunities while tactfully declining low ROI opportunities
- BA/BS technical degree or equivalent required
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is clear demonstration of skill, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is aligned with this job description.