Securonix (securonix.com) is the market leader in entity and user behavior analytics offering risk mitigation, incident response and rapid detection of sophisticated insider threats and cyber-attacks. Securonix helps their clients across the globe address their cyber security needs including the detection of advanced persistent threats (APTs), insider threats, privilege account misuses, and enterprise and online fraud. Our security analytics platform is used by some of the largest organizations in the financial, healthcare, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, and federal sectors.
The Technology Support Specialist is responsible for providing IT and Security support related to computer systems, hardware, and software to the Securonix global staff. This role is integral to the continued operations of the company by ensuring that our employees have the technology and tools functioning as needed to perform their job duties in a secure fashion.
- Perform administration and internal support of PCs, laptops, mobile devices, printers, servers, and other related equipment located on-site and in satellite offices
- Respond to telephone calls, emails and help ticket requests for technical support
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems with timely resolution and follow-up
- Diagnose requests to determine level of technical assistance required; if unable to resolve problem, escalate the request to the proper resource
- Provision and deprovision process of user accounts, system access, and overall directory service management
- Monitor and maintain technology to ensure maximum access and efficient operations
- Assist with security operations and compliance initiatives
- Assist with managing internal and external vulnerability scanning and penetration testing
- Assist in creating and maintaining security policies, procedures, and standards documentation
- Ensure software and firmware patching is scheduled and performed on a regular basis
- Monitor vulnerability tracking services for new security alerts, vulnerabilities, and exposures for internal and production systems
- Notify IT staff of new vulnerabilities and coordinates the installation of security patches
- Monitor logs on a regular basis and creates security reports based on that information as needed
- Supports ongoing security efforts by coordinating the remediation of security vulnerabilities
- Assist with planning and implementing future software and hardware upgrades
- Complete security and compliance assessments and questionnaires as required by our clients
- Conduct security and compliance assessments of our vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Network Security, Information Security, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years working as a Windows System Administrator, Network Administrator, Security Analyst or similar role.
- Minimum of 1 year customer service experience in a fast-paced help desk or customer contact environment.
- Advanced knowledge in Directory Services, DNS, Group Policy, and DHCP
- Expertise in computer hardware and software systems and programs including but not limited to emails, industry specific software, telecommunications, video conferencing systems and software, AV equipment, computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Intermediate understanding of HTTP, SSL/TLS, SOAP, and reverse proxies
- Basic understanding of a cloud environment and infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Basic understanding of Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) concepts and functionality
- Intermediate incident response experience
- Basic experience with configuration and troubleshooting of network switches, routers, and firewalls
- Knowledge of networking including TCP/IP
- Basic understanding of routing
- Troubleshoot technical issues
- Physically set up workstations for new employees including new CPU's, monitors and related components (i.e. keyboards, mouse, speakers, webcam, etc.)
- Ability to work independently, analyze data, take and recommend appropriate actions with minimal supervision
- Superior analytical, organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must work flexible hours, including late nights and weekends
- Prioritize multiple "High Priority" request for most efficient operations
- Ability to remain patient and professional when faced with difficult situations
Securonix, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Securonix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Securonix expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Securonix employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.